7 Actions of Assessment for Learning: Accounts from Elementary Classrooms
Choose eBook or Physical Book option
Editors: Anne Davies and Sandra Herbst
Length: 170 pages
Reference: Davies, A. and Herbst, S. (Eds.) 2020. 7 Actions of Assessment for Learning: Accounts from Elementary Classrooms. Courtenay, BC: Connections Publishing.
A collection of elementary authors from Canada and the US describe their experiences related to supporting student success through the 7 key actions of assessment for learning:
- Have a clear learning destination.
- Use samples to understand quality and development.
- Participate in the co-construction of criteria.
- Be involved in feedback cycles to feed the learning forward, including self- and peer assessment.
- Collect evidence to prove that they have learned.
- Set goals for their next steps.
- Communicate their learning to others, both formally and informally.
Each chapter tells the powerful account of a real-life practitioner and, collectively, they represent a diverse range of grades, subject areas, perspectives, and actions of the assessment process. The voices of these teachers validate the power of quality assessment and illustrate its powerful effects in vivid and concrete ways. This book is a valuable resource for elementary-level educators and those who serve them. It is a companion resource to Grading, Reporting, and Professional Judgment in Elementary Classrooms.
For bulk purchasing information, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-603-9888.